Intake

fbrown3

New Member
I am new to this so pardon any oopses. I have an 89 Bronco II with a 2.9 Litre eng. .Only owned a couple of Fords before this is my first Bronco, any way at the front left side of the intake I have a hole (about the size of a dime with a bolt hole above and below hole) leading into the manifold. I can't seem to find any one who can tell me what goes there. Is it EGR? I would take any help I can get on this subject.
 
The best thing I can come up with is to find another truck like yours and ask the owner to pop the hood or get a chiltons or haynes guide for the truck.

Is this hole in an intake runner?
Can you take a photo of the engine (and hole) and post it here?

I can get the pic posted if you need help, just let me know and I will PM you my email addy.
 
Possibly throttle position sensor ( shouldnt run without that ) or idle air control motor ( also shouldnt run without that ) :D
 
Can't be TPS or air thingy runs too good, doesn't effect vehicle runability as long as it is plugged off. If it isn't plugged the RPMs shoot thru the roof.
 
It sounds like the EGR port to me. They stopped using the EGR around '87 I believe (my 87 has the EGR, but a buddy's 87 just has a block-off plate...)
 
I finaly found some one else who had a 2.9 L. and it had a 3/8" plate over the hole, thanks for all the help.
 
fbrown3 said:
I am new to this so pardon any oopses. I have an 89 Bronco II with a 2.9 Litre eng. .Only owned a couple of Fords before this is my first Bronco, any way at the front left side of the intake I have a hole (about the size of a dime with a bolt hole above and below hole) leading into the manifold. I can't seem to find any one who can tell me what goes there. Is it EGR? I would take any help I can get on this subject.
The hole on the side of the intake is an IAC valve(Air bypass valve)it also has an electrical connector in the wiring harness that connects to the back of the IAC.
 
it's a egr port what you have is a 87 or lower upper intake manifold with a 89 engine . if you find a 89 upper manifold you can see they hae no port.
some 88's upper manifolds have a block plate on them .
>:)
clap.gif
clap.gif
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top