Installed Silverstars

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
I just got my Sylvania Silverstars today. They're bright. Even my friend can tell the difference. So, ya, definitely get them if you haven't.

I also got my antennas today. :D Mounting them on either side of the hood. I have one in already. Got the dual antenna kit off of eBay. Had to get some hood brackets, though. I also bought my Cobra CB off of eBay for about $25 shipped.

It was like Christmas today. :)
 
Hey 88pimpin..... I was considering changing to those silverstars, but I kinda wanna avoid the real blue or purple lookin light. I'm after a brighter white light. Can you tell me if they have a bluish or purple effect? Thanx! :)
 
"Breaker, Breaker, got your ears on?" I think we should bring back the CB radio, cause no one seems to talk on them nowadays. I'm glad to hear you added one to your Bronco, 88P. The SS hdlights are awesome, too, from what I see on other rigs. Good luck!
 
Came back, shined them on the white house, and it's really white. When you look at them, you can kinda see a little bit of blue/purple, since the bulbs have a little bit of blue on them, but it's really white. My roommate said he could tell the difference, too. These are really white, and I'd even pay the normal $50 to get them at a store. These really improve visibility, I'd say about 200% above the ones that were in there before. I still plan on putting in foglights, though. I don't like using my high beams. I like to blind people with my dims. :D

Got the other antenna in. I had a bit of trouble with them, but finally got them both on correctly. I had some trouble with the thing that's mounted behind the spring hinge. I couldn't put a screw through it, even after pre-drilling, and had to use some smaller screws. It's also kinda wierd seeing two big black antennas sticking out from under my hood. :D I might go to a couple smaller 2' ones, since these 3' ones are huge.
 
Just wondering, are you useing the (twin Huskeys) for show or for better range. If your useing them for better range you might try a stainless steel whip. I got one and I get twice the range, and they take a lot more abuse than a fibre glass one could ever think of.
 
Thnx for the 411! I enjoy the bright low beam thing also lol. I might have to ck out a set of those...... Radio wise, myself & all my buddies all carry the family radio handhelds. If you buy some of these I would suggest the Motorola brand. :)
 
i bought the silver stars for my bronco a couple of months ago. there great. mine only cost 14$ for each though at advance. shop around.
 
Pics of my Silverstars:
LowBeams.jpg

HighBeams.jpg


Oh, ya. I bought the dual antennas because it was only like $5 more. I wanted them to balance out, since I mounted them how I did. It was funny going into the parking garage in K.C. for the USACI finals. *WHACK**WHACK*

Electronics.jpg

TempestBox.jpg

FrontAngle.jpg
 
I have a little jewel for that problem, got it at radio shack. It hooks to the top of the ant. and allows you to bend it over so it doesn't go whack,whack!(cheap little peice of plastic and string!!!). It may not work on yours but it is worth a try [-o<
 
That was the only time I've gone there, and I think that's the only time that's happened, other than hitting branches when I drive into my parking spot, so I'll probably be fine. If it's worse than that, I'll just take off the antennas, or just not go through, since they're only like 1' taller than my truck.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top