Instaling Driver Side Glass

JBronco

New Member
Hey guys I broke my driver side window out with a baseball and I just got the new window from a salvage yard I was just wondering how hard it is to install and if anyone has done this before maybe some tips on how do do it i havent tryed it yet i will be today but i looked at the slot in the door and it looks like it may be a pain to put in so any help or pointers would be great Thanks
 
I take it they took the window out of one of their trucks for you :huh: .

I might be able to help you since I have a mental defect that has caused me to lock my keys in the truck :wacko: . However, I keep spare wing windows on hand just for that purpose :lol: , they are easier to replace :rolleyes: .

1. Remove the door panel.

2. Crank the or move the window regulator about to the down position.

3. Remove the wing window (two screws on the front inside edge of the door by the wing windwoe, and one bolt on the front window guide). Tilt it toward the back
and pull out.

4. Move the regulator up (slide old window out of the track).

5. Slide new window guides into track.

6. Replace wing window.

At least that is the way i remember it. If that doesn't make sense, I'll get the detailed proceedure out of my shop manual for you :ph34r: .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
I just swapped out my passenger last week. I did the steps above but I didnt have to remove my wing window. If you pull the weather strip out it gives enough room to work it in.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top