I Need Help!

KCMav713

New Member
I have an '88 XLT, with a 302 with an automatic. It has a block heater and tranny cooler. I need help cuz I want to swap in a 351 W, with a c-6. Next year, i am going to get a solid front axle from broncograveyard, with a 10" lift. My question is should I hold off for the engine and tranny swap until I swap in the front axle and lift. Will the tranny cooler and engine block heater still work on the new engine and tranny??? I just dont have the information as what the drivetrain is currently. Any ideas of companies to get the engine and tranny from???
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Tim
 
The tranny cooler should work without a problem. You may have to do some re-plumbing of your lines. You may want to hit the junkyards and look for a pickup with the same set up and snag those tranny lines. I ended up replacing my tranny lines with a set from a van and I plumped in a factory tranny cooler I got out of the junkyard as well. I've seen people do write ups on both the solid axle as well as the 351W swap.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top