I Keep Burning Ignition Modules

  • Thread starter Thread starter iaff1386
  • Start date Start date
I

iaff1386

Guest
I have a 77' and I'm experiencing an electrical problem. I keep burning up ignition modules. I have replaced the battery, battery cables, ignition relay, voltage regulator, alternator, plugs, plug wires, rotar, cap, coil and ignition module. The beast fires up great and runs for a few minutes then BANG, huge backfire and I have blown up another ignition module. What am I missing? Where do I need to go?
 
What size altinator and voltage regulator did you install? Is it close to stock?
I'm not sure but I thought I heard if you have too many wires connected to the back of the key then you will creat too much ampers and usually blow fuses but perhaps it back feeding into the ignition moduel? Take a look under the dash and see how many are connected to it.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top