I Got A 74 Bronco This Week End

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kresten
  • Start date Start date
K

Kresten

Guest
I just got this Bronco and I don't really know a whole lot about fixing it. Sometime in November we are going to take it to a shop to get it restored and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get it started.

Its a 3 speed auto, 4X4 with a 302.

Here are some pictures

http://krestensbronco.blogspot.com/
 
Nice Rig! Why take it to a shop to fix up? Broncos are super easy to work on, kinda like snap togethers.
Once you take it apart you know who to fix it. Get a few catalogs on parts from James Duff, Wild Horses, BC Broncos, Tom's Bronco Parts, Bronco Graveyard etc.
You will find all kinds of things you will need that are east to do yourself.
This way you don't have markups on the parts and labor costs that are simple to install. Leave the tough stuff for the shop. You will be broke before you know it if a shop does all the work.
The worst or best part depending how you look at it is you will get the "Bronco Maddness" and want everything. I know from experience...
 
Nice looking EB :)

One suggestion I have for you, since you're going to restore it, is tostart with a really good washing. A good washing of everything, the engine, tranny, axles, everything.

Just having everything clean of oil, grease and dirt will make the process that much easier and the outcome nicer, no matter who does all the work.
Should save you on labor costs also as less time will need to be used due to being clean.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top