hypertech chip

riggermortis

New Member
hello, dont know if this has been discussed or not, but does anybody know if you can use a chip that is for a automatic o/d with a manual 5 speed? i found a good deal on a hypertech chip but it came out of a truck with a automatic and my truck has a manual. both are 1992 f250 with 7.5L gas.
 
Yo,
Most need Prem Gas..so, I avoid em bec I like to have a $ left over at the end of the pay period.
Chip, Hypertech Power Module Review in a 94
Source: by Stephen R at again.net via web.archive.org
S wrote; The next modification to the Bronco was going to be ignition work. Although the Ford ignition system worked just fine, I had read several reports about new "computer modules", so I read some specification sheets, and ordered the Hypertech Power Module, the Hypertech Power-Stat, and the Hypertech Modified Octane Bar for the distributor. I'm really not too sure this was such a great idea. I noticed no improvement in power, speed, acceleration or anything... except for the gas pump. No I didn't get more MPG, I had to switch from 87-octane gasoline to 91-octane. (The Bronco doesn't run worth a damn when I use 87-octane!) As for the Power-Stat, hell, it's just a plain old thermostat that opens about 40-degrees sooner than the factory job. What it does is make the Bronco run richer and cooler, fooling the Ford computer. WHOOP-EE!!
 
well thats exactly what i dont want. my truck runs good just looking for a little extra umph, and or more mpg. thanks for the info!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top