Hubs

Ditto on the Warns and you also need a conversion kit to go with it see Jeffs Bronco Graveyard catalog for 80 and up pg 29 :ph34r: .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Just a quick question here, why go with manual hubs? I was just wondering, I am still learning a lot as I go with my Bronx. I know I will have to when I replace my C6 with an E4OD.
 
I have had bad experiences with the autos back in the day. They use to enguage by them selves on the freeway and send me a couple lanes over. and they are pretty weak.
 
yeah I had that problem a couple of years ago, was travelling 70 down the highway and BOOM @-) thought I left my tranny at mile marker 141. Maybe I should invest in them sooner...hmmm.
 
bought mine at 4 wheel parts in austin. 119 including tax, conversion kit and everything... the advantage to buying from a company and not on ebay is you feel good knowing you have the legit lifetime warranty. :D/ :D/




Turner

:)>-
 
Auto hubs are JUNK! I can't stress that enough. Warn Premiums are a good way to go. There are other options out there though - Mile Marker and Superlift (think that's the brand).
 
I'm going to go away from the Warns. I've had them in my 88' and I've had them go out twice. I've since replaced them with Mile Markers which have worked great and have not went out like the Warns. My MM hubs ran about 60$ and their lifetime warranty actually is LIFETIME. My friends MM's went out after a bad snow.. he'd had them for 3-4 years??.. and he sent them his old ones and they sent him new ones..
 
Had to post the stupid query (check me out...I sound learned) of the day...you know me. Okay, I cannot have push button 4x4 and manual hubs can I? I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but I just have to ask...maybe its the new meds that I am on. :blush: :blush: :wacko: :-B
 
Quick question RE: the Warn Premium hubs. I have a 93 with the 5 torx fasteners on the auto hub cover......I was told that with this set up I do not need the conversion kit. I have seen quite a few write ups with pics on the superford site, and never seen anyone with the 5 torx set up use the conversion kit.......So whats the deal?
 
Windchaser said:
Had to post the stupid query (check me out...I sound learned) of the day...you know me. Okay, I cannot have push button 4x4 and manual hubs can I? I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but I just have to ask...maybe its the new meds that I am on. :blush: :blush: :wacko: :-B
Yes.....you can swap out the auto hubs for a set of the (much more reliable, but less convenient) manual locking hubs. I bought a set of Warn Premiums that worked very well on my F250 plow truck, and the F250 is a 98 w/electric shifting T-case...."push button 4WD"
 
i agree with steve. on the 5 torx style hubs no kit is needed. and as for convience
if you are going somewhere you may need 4 wheel drive just lock them prior. i wouldn't reccommend long road driving like that but of road at slower speeds won't affect the hubs too much.
 
i agree with steve. on the 5 torx style hubs no kit is needed. and as for convience
if you are going somewhere you may need 4 wheel drive just lock them prior. i wouldn't reccommend long road driving like that but of road at slower speeds won't affect the hubs too much.
 
Streetgang44 said:
Quick question RE: the Warn Premium hubs. I have a 93 with the 5 torx fasteners on the auto hub cover......I was told that with this set up I do not need the conversion kit. I have seen quite a few write ups with pics on the superford site, and never seen anyone with the 5 torx set up use the conversion kit.......So whats the deal?
I just put Warn Premium Hubs on my 93 bronco that had the 5 screw automatic hubs. They do not need a conversion kit. It is not to bad of a swap but once you do the first one the second one will be a snap. Remember that the only things that have to be removed to get them out are the 5 screws on the cap, the ring on the outside of the auto hubs (push together and pull out hub, and the C clip on the spline shaft.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top