Hubs

it can be done and ain't very hard. I'd recomend Superwinch hubs. The cost only a few bucks more than the standard Warn hubs, but have the quality of Warm premiums. Warn recomends some sort of conversion kit for it but I've heard of people not using them.


you can also try pulling out the auto hubs and cleaning them and regreasing them with a high quality grease. You'd be surprised how many hubs are repaced only cause the grease is dirty and gettin solid causing the hub to not work properly.

I work for a dealer and most the time the tech's will clean and regrease the hubs and they work fine.
 
I just installed warn manual hubs on my 95 this weekend. Its very easy. I have never done it before and had no clue. I did have to use the conversion kit since i have the 3 torx screws on the hub. It cost about 120 total for the hubs and the conversion kit. If you don't have the right tools I wouldn't even try doing it yourself. The hardest part was getting out the first lock ring. After that everything just comes out. I did have help from a mechanic and it took us 35 minutes to do both sides.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top