Hub Parts For 77 F250

77F150

New Member
Looking for a little help here. Have a 74' Highboy F250 it has the Dana 44 front axle with the closed knuckles and big Hubs. When I say big Hubs if you don't know what I'm talking about they are about twice as big as a regular Dana 44 hub, it has front drum brakes. I'm looking for a source of parts for these, I've checked LMC,Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, and a half dozen parts and 4X4 shops in my area no one seems to have any parts or even show any available. I have heard there is possibly a conversion kit you can get to use the smaller Hubs but haven't been able to find that either. We had a narrow miss when the plastic center broke on one, epoxsy is working for now but would really like to find a source for parts. Sorry for the long post but any help would be great. :rolleyes:
 
Have you tryed calling Jeff? If you cannot find it from the ones you named I do not know what to tell ya.
 
Can you get a pic I have an old closed knuckle 44 outta a 70,s ford here and it has like the big lockouts on it that bolt on with like 3/8 allen bolts , Im scrapping it out so make me an offer :D
 
BLADE262US, that sounds like the right ones, it's for my old man so let me tell him and see what he says, I'll let you know, can I PM you? B)
 
I've had some luck looking on ebay for some of these hard to find parts, try doing a search for dana 44. but if your in colorado, washington, or I think nebraska there were a huge amount of these high boys that were sold in these states, so you can break out the phone book and call these salvage yards and might have some luck. there are several other states where most of the high boys went to but I can't recall of hand, unlucky for me texas was not one of them.

77F150 said:
Looking for a little help here. Have a 74' Highboy F250 it has the Dana 44 front axle with the closed knuckles and big Hubs. When I say big Hubs if you don't know what I'm talking about they are about twice as big as a regular Dana 44 hub, it has front drum brakes. I'm looking for a source of parts for these, I've checked LMC,Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, and a half dozen parts and 4X4 shops in my area no one seems to have any parts or even show any available. I have heard there is possibly a conversion kit you can get to use the smaller Hubs but haven't been able to find that either. We had a narrow miss when the plastic center broke on one, epoxsy is working for now but would really like to find a source for parts. Sorry for the long post but any help would be great. :rolleyes:
[snapback]14034[/snapback]​
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top