How Well Do Early Broncos Work As Tow Vehicles?

magstar67

New Member
I am looking at early Broncos as a second vehicle. I would like to be able to tow a 14' enclosed trailer with whatever I buy, the trailer and contents weighs approx. 3-4000 lbs.

How do they work as tow vehicles with V8 engines?

Thanks,
Jeff
 
They can do it, I have seen one guy use his for towing his 16' boat but it sagged real bad in the rear end. Idealy, you dont want the problems that come with a truck that is rated at 1/4 to 1/2 ton towing something like that. If you are looking for something to tow this trailer on a regular basis then buy a 3/4 ton pick up truck and be done with it. The problem isnt going to be whether or not the frame will handle it, but will the axel/springs/etc. handle it. I would recommend not using an EB to tow a fully loaded down 14' trailer unless you absolutely have to. It will be cheaper in the long run to just get a 3/4 ton and be done with it. That way you can tow your trailer AND your Bronco to where you are going.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top