How to wire a full gauge cluster?

alconk

New Member
I would like to swap out my idiot light cluster for a full gauge cluster but not for sure on the amp gauge?? I was told that I need to run a wire that goes to the alternator but splice it between the shunt and the factory harness up by the solenoid or something like that.... Has anyone done this and if so please help.
 
I would like to swap out my idiot light cluster for a full gauge cluster but not for sure on the amp gauge?? I was told that I need to run a wire that goes to the alternator but splice it between the shunt and the factory harness up by the solenoid or something like that.... Has anyone done this and if so please help.
well,not too bad,first off there is a different wiring plug,i did this awhile back,what i did is i made my own diagram,i marked the colored wires on a piece of paper on both plugs,so do you have the other plug,if you do just pull back the wires with a pointed object to insert in the plug then pull back the wire.the only trouble i had was the green wire which is voltage regular i plugged it in the wrong slot,anyway it's ok now,so good luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top