How Much Is A C6 Worth

mudunit77f250

New Member
i have the ability to take a c6 from an 85 f250 and do a rebuild on it, but im not sure that it is woth the tome and money, if i cant sell it after i am done with it...... so how much is a rebuilt c6 worth that will bolt up to a 351w and Np208 tcase??? thanks
 
It depends on what you do to the C-6 and if you sell it with a torque convertor or not. Also it depends on what sort of guarantee you're willing to carry with it. A good tranny shop can rebuild it, install it and carry a guarantee for about $600.00-$900.00.
 
You can find places that will sell you a C6 with converter for 300$ with trade of your old core..
 
Junkyards will sell them for as low as $75.00. But then you have know idea what condition it is it. But I have found numerous rebuilt trannies in the junkyard in real good condition. Or get one and rebuild it itself just to make sure it's in good condition.
 
I have an '88 bronco with a 302. I dont know what it bolts up to, but i dont think its a c-6. I have no idea about what t-case it is. I was wondering if I could swap in a 351 W. Does anyone know about a way to keep the fuel injection? I would like to keep the cost as low as possible.... but not be too cheap cuz its still my daily driver. I found a donor bronco with a 351, but dont know if it has a C-6 or not, nor do i know what t-case it is. Any help as to find out what tranny and transfer case is in my the 88 bronco would be greatly appreciated. Where is the best place to find the information about the drivetrain, and how do i find out what under my rig??? I am really lost.... :(
 
Mudunit - $400.00 sounds about right. You want to be able to re-cover the cost of the parts you put into it. I put between 300 and 350 into mine when I rebuilt it, that included a HD torque convertor and a B&M shift kit.
 
you have a 88 bronco and dont know what transfer-case and tranny you have come back and talk about your truck going outside to smoke. be back in a minute.
come back and talk to me about your truck sorry if it sounded to direct
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top