how much does it take to get 400+ hp out of a 460?

lt465

New Member
I just got a 1980 f250 that somebody dropped a 460 into. the head casting # is D3VE so it must be around 73?Im thinking about building it up to 400+ horse and i was wondering what it would take to get that?
 
I just got a 1980 f250 that somebody dropped a 460 into. the head casting # is D3VE so it must be around 73?Im thinking about building it up to 400+ horse and i was wondering what it would take to get that?

I would think a nice cam like from comp or maybe Lunati with around 500' lift or so RPM range around 1200 to 4000 a edelbrock truck carb works really good they are easy to get working and well are a lot more simple then a holley or keep the EFI, change push rods rockers new manifold
I looked in to headers and when your running low RPM the stock headers will work fine in my opinion.. i've seen a 460 pump out alot of hp with very little mods
I installed a new HFI ignition from proform awhile back and it did wonders for my truck big gap cleaner burn real nice.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top