I have a 95 XLT and I am about to put on some skyjacker nitro 8000s, 2 front coils with 2 inch lift, and some 33's either mud or all terrain. Any ideas on how much the gas milage willbe after?
I was thinkin about a four inch lift and 33's and wondered the same thing about my MPG change. I am gettin like like high 14 or low 15 and don't want it to kill me. Does anyone see a significant change or even a change in power due to less mechanical advantage?
If you went any higher that 33's I would recommend changing gears, but with 33's as long as you're gear ratio is 3.50 or higher you should be ok and minimal power/mpg loss.
I agree. With a 302/351V8 and 3.55 gear ratio, your mileage should still be around 12-14mpg. It's when you use 4WD that your mileage drops way down. Keep the engine tuned up, filters clean, and go light on the gas pedal!
when i go wheeling for the day, i fill up in calgary, travel to mclean creek.
when everything is all said and done, i pull into my driveway with just under
3/4 tank. pretty good i'd say