How High Am I ?

wyrwulf69

New Member
Hey people,i got a question for all my techy bronc brothers.What is the amount of lift from the factory on an 1989 bronco xlt 4x4? I have 4 shocks up front w/springs and two shocks in the rear with leaf springs. I also have 31 inch tires on 15 inch rims.I would also like to ask the age old question,how much bigger can i go on the tire size with this factory lift? Right now my truck sits about 20 inches off the ground. I bow to your infinite bronconian wisdom.
 
The answer is "0" lift from the factory. The original tire size was like 235x75R15 or 27" tall. The 31x10.50's will have no problem clearing the fenders, but you may get slight rub even with 32x11.50's or 33x12.50s depending on the rim width and backspacing. You may also get slight rub on the radius arms when turning full lock with the 32's/33's.
 
I had 33x 15 x12.5's on mine, with the slight rub on the radius arms at full lock with American Racing 8.5 inch rims, Ibeleive they ar AR875's, though I can't remember for sure. I went down to 31 x 15 x 10.5's for better roadability. The 21.5's wanted to grab every crack in the road, so you had to be awake above 60 mph :rolleyes: . Never measured the height off the ground, but I didn't have any problem fitting under it.

Picture of it on 33's attached. My wife needed a small step ladder to get in untill I added a step :D . This one is right after some major metal replacement.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Wow! So broncs come tall in the saddle already.Im thinking of going with a 4 inch lift on the suspension,or maybe a body lift. I really want to add a set of 33 inch mud terrains.I live in New orleans,and the streets here look like they were bombed by a b-52.I'm talkin crater sized potholes,sink holes and twisted and chewed up roads.Plus it floods like crazy.33's and a lift may be the best thing.Anyway,enough of my rambling .thanks for the advise oh wise ones.howler at you folks later.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top