How Do I Put A C6 In My 87 Bronco

m8094538

New Member
yea i have an 87 bronco with 4 wheel drive and a 302 can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do to throw a c6 in it i already have the tranny thank u
 
Assuming the C6 came from a donor 4wd truck, it should mate right up to your B-W 1356 t-case. I believe the tranny mount crossmember is the same as your AOD, but you might have to move it since the AOD is shorter. You might check the local salvage yard and find out what you need for the swap. I have some extra pieces from my 88 parts Bronco, but sold the kickdown cable parts.
 
Hey Shoot me, I have an '88 Bronco with a 302. I want to swap in a c-6 and a 351, and any information is greatly appreciated as to what all is needed for this swap. I have no idea what else is under my bronco, except that the tranny is an automatic, with overdrive, and it has a 5.0L. What kind of parts do you have?
Thanks Tim
 
m8094538, I'll PM you about the parts. KCMav413, you can see a list of parts at my superford.org page, which you can access thru my profile or the ad in the claasified forum, and e-mail me from there, Randy JSM84
 
Hello when I put the C6 in my 89 it went right in place of the AOD didnt have to do anything to the crossmember as for the driveshaft I put a 6 inch lift on at the same time so not sure if it would fit stock height but it did with the lift . I still havent been able to find that goofy kickdown cable though have a few for AOD but cant come up with one for a C6 Got pics of how it was set up and what brackets looked like on my dads 89 F150 so I might end up making them . Hope that helps Also if any of you are thinking about swaping in a 351W where your 302 was it will fit right in might have an issue with injector firing if the firing order isnt the same and you CAN NOT use the flywheel from your 302 on the 351W it looks the same but is weighted different and will end up destroying something . :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top