How Did Everyone Wind Up Getting Into Broncos?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
mine it was a great deal $1500 for an 1984 with an I6 4spd 33s (brand new) eagle rims completely rebuilt front end new motor and the list goes on. the reason why it was so cheap the guy thought it had blow by. it would blow oil through the breather on the valve cover. We ran a compressin check and all of the cylinders checked out. My dad then read some place that some of those motors are known to do that when the intake manifold bolts would come loose making a crank case vent problem where it would blow oil. So we went out and looked at it and you could turn one of the bolts by hand. So we tightened them up and it stoped. Ive allways been a chevy guy but it is hard to beat a cheap 4X4 that runs like a top and has had mudders and been lifted so we bought it and are very happy with it :)
 
I was looking for a truck to make into a prerunner and ran across my now 78 bronco that I just thought was cool and it was a good price so I bought it the same day
 
Was looking for a 4x4 project, a friend of mine had a '78 and I like it. Started doing some reading and realized '78-'79 Bronco's were one tough MF. One of my Marines had a '79 he needed to unload fast as he just bought a new truck, so I gave him $750.00 for the truck and another $250.00 for the new Currie 3rd member with 4.11 gears and locker. Drove her home, 9 months and $3000.00 later, she was back on the trails and stronger then ever. Still need to replace the tub as it is all rusted out, but I didn't build it for looks. But that is next if I can find a decent one for the right price.
 
Well, I've been into trucks since I was a little kid. The bronco was always one of my favorites. I also remember after 1996 when they stoped making them. I immediately wondered why they stoped making them and could not believe it since they were a big seller and most of all extremely nice looking. Ever since then I felt that a Bronco is something you really want to hang onto since they stopped making them and they're getting harder and harder to find each year.
 
I got my Bronco after I got rid of my Exploder Sport and my 86 F250 XLT Lariat. It was in the paper and I needed a truck fast, so I got it. Plus, it came with a plow.
 
my dad bought our '76 in 1983 for hunting purposes and when i got my license in '90 he gave it to me, i could have sold it several times, but it was my first ride and i still got it.
 
I always ran trucks . But I always have a beater car for work . I bought a 89 Bronco with 88000 miles and a 86 aries with 42000 miles at a state auction in 2000 . $700 for pair . I ran both for over 150000 miles and 5 winters before I sold them .

Needless to say once u own A Bronco your hooked .
 
I bought my Bronco when I was looking for my first car. Originally I was looking to buy a '87 Bronco for $995. It had a busted windshield and was rusted through and through so I passed. I then looked at a 1993 Ford® Explore for $1000, but it had a transmission leak going into the T-case. When I was about to give up Shopping I saw my 1989 Bronco Parked on the dividing street of town. FOR SALE sign in the window wanted $3000 after talking to the owner I drove away for $1800. I felt pretty dang good.

Broncosml.jpg
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top