How Can I Reduce The Chance Of Rolling Over?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RammsteiNick
  • Start date Start date
R

RammsteiNick

Guest
How can i reduce the chance of rolling over? Will a lowering kit do the trick? better suspension? I do like to drive fast and i just hope there is a way i cann make my bronco2 go fast and not roll over. Any suggestions?
thanks
Nick
 
Well you can drive better for one....

I think a sway bar might help...


but how bout you just slow down drive safely and reduce your risks of rolling over by 100%..unless you must take an abrasive manuever
 
There is nothing that will completely prevent you from roll over. Pull the right manouver and you are gone. Front and rear sway bars will help, as well as properly inflated tires. Under infalation increases the chance of rollover drasticly.


Good luck,
 
ill do all that except the safer driving, haha, im a bit of a speed demon, i know its wrong [-X
 
If you have a "need for speed" then sell the damned BII. Its NOT a go-fast sportscar...Its an SUV with a narrow track, a short wheelbase, and a high center of gravity.

Its like trying to drive in a nail with a torque wrench. Yeah, you can do it, but it just isn't even remotely close to the right tool for the job.
 
I'd say sell that lemon and get a 66-77 Bronco with a V8. They are fast and handle like they are on rails with a stiff suspension. Off-road will suck but if you like to drive fast it might save your ass. Plus you will look cool then. b-(
 
ill just drive fast on the high way, my freinds got a wrangler, another roll-over vehicle, so ill just drive in a strait line fast...
 
Broncoholics said:
I'd say sell that lemon and get a 66-77 Bronco with a V8. They are fast and handle like they are on rails with a stiff suspension. Off-road will suck but if you like to drive fast it might save your ass. Plus you will look cool then. b-(
A BII is no more a lemon than an EB is an outdated International wannabe. Just about anything will handle like its on rails if you put a stiff enough suspension in it. :rolleyes:
 
Hey Blue I was agreeing with you untill that last comment. The bII's are a very squirrelly truck nomatter how you drive, and anybody that would lift one and still drives it like an ass on the road deserves what the get. I dont mean to upset anyone but they are not made for that kind of driving. [-X
 
I guess I've seen a few EB's that are lemons, but 90% out there these days are sure lookin nice! At least here in Washington State... I think they even out count the Bronco II's cuz most are in the junk yard or abandoned by now. b-(
 
4xfan78 said:
Hey Blue I was agreeing with you untill that last comment. The bII's are a very squirrelly truck nomatter how you drive, and anybody that would lift one and still drives it like an ass on the road deserves what the get. I dont mean to upset anyone but they are not made for that kind of driving. [-X
I agree that if you lift a BII and drive it fast, you are a statistic waiting to happen, but my first BII wasn't TOO squirrelly unless I wanted it to be. Don't forget that the early Jeep CJ, the BII, and the EB are all fairly close in wheelbase and track width, and they ALL share similar handling traits (other than the BII TTB having slightly different weight transfer...)

The only way I'd feel comfortable in a BII at over 85 mph is if it had thicker than stock swaybars, new HD springs, good shocks, a couple inches of drop, low profile tires, a chop top and a proper rollbar/cage. Believe it or not, the single most noticeable increase in stability is the chop top (it lowers the center of gravity VERY significantly)
 
Broncoholics said:
I guess I've seen a few EB's that are lemons, but 90% out there these days are sure lookin nice! At least here in Washington State... I think they even out count the Bronco II's cuz most are in the junk yard or abandoned by now. b-(
I agree that most of the EB's out there are in better shape than the average BII, probably because most have had LOTS of money poured into restoration, but in the BC lower mainland, BII's still outnumber EB's on the road by orders of magnitude (hell, I see more Scouts around here than EB's...)
 
Broncoholics said:
Thats got to suck! :huh:
It all depends on how you look at it....The upside is that I've also seen almost as many 78-79 Bronco's as I have EB's (I've always loved the looks of those), and the more BII's and Rangers there are on the road, the more likely it is that parts are still going to be available.

I'm actually surprised by how few EBs I see around here. The BC lower mainland seems to be the classic and musclecar capital of Canada...
 
RammsteiNick, increase your track width with wider wheels and tires. The BII is one of those "rollover" cases like the Suzuki Samari. You should still drive slower than if you had a Corvette.
 
Justshootme84 said:
RammsteiNick, increase your track width with wider wheels and tires. The BII is one of those "rollover" cases like the Suzuki Samari. You should still drive slower than if you had a Corvette.
yeah, thats what i've been working on, i drive everything fast, but yeah, the widened wheels and suspension should do good thanks
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top