How Big Of Tires?

bubbabauer89

New Member
Hey, if I get an 8in lift for my bronco how large of tires could I fit. Also what tires would you suggest. I was thinking mayby the BFG Mud T/A. This truck will be for a daily driver so I don't want the tires to be too aggressive yet I want a good mud tire. Any advice you have would be great! :D/
 
A lot of what will fit depends on how you are going to do the lift.
4" body and 4" suspension?
or all suspension?
or?
 
For it being a daily driver, your gonna get great mpg. :blink: lol

If you have a lot of gas money...
do it
slap some 38's or 40's if you can on there
 
You're gonna need a gear change with that much tire. If you choose not, than you best plan on leaving for work about 30 minutes earlier, and hope for no red lights. :))

You will get alot of suggestions here, but from what I've seen... the MONSTER MUDDERS, and SUPER SWAMPERS have a good A/T tread with an aggressive side wall, which is really where you need it. Whatever you chose, be prepared to spend $$$$. Tires that big don't come cheap.

Get your tires, before you do the lift please. 8"s of lift looks stupid with 32"s. :blush: Can anyone say "skateboard"?
 
39 is the tallest fit with an 8" suspension lift without fender trimming.

At least according to the 2003 4x4 directory tire size guide for the 80-96 F150 and Broncos.
Just watch the offset so you don't rip the tires or other parts up when turning hard :)
 
I think my next set of tires will be the Nitto All-terains, the Terra Grapplers. The TSL Swampers don't seem to like pavement and can wear really fast. Yes, you will need longer driveshafts and brake lines with anything over 6" susp lift. Longer shocks, extended radius arms. Look at doing an SAS instead, for about the same amount of money.
 
Dude why lift it so high!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Broncos r already top heavy.

I would stick with a six inch and get 35s on the beast.

And we all know r little muels dont get good gas milage. :P
 
I had 35" BFG M/T's on my 89 with a 4" lift. They worked well on pavement and are not loud on the road.
I also ran 38" Swamper Radials on my 68 which are also not loud on the road like a standard TSL, SX, or Bogger. They get great traction espically when aired down. I ditched those for SX's because the Radial side walls are not strong enough for off road use. Now the ride is rough and loud with SX's but they are strong. At $260 a tire they better hold up!
You should change the gear ratio for 35" tires to 4:56, 38" tires go with 4:88 to save on gas. I run 5:89's with 38's but its no freeway rig. b-(
Extend the drivelines, e-brake cables, brake lines, air tubes off the diff, drop pitman arm (depending on size of lift) and you might even look into lowering the transfer case an inch or so with a 4"+ lift to save the drivelines. Otherwise you will eat up u-joints all the time. Maybe add an angled shim under the new rear leaf springs or blocks so you can angle the axle up towards the t-case for less driveline angle. ;)
 
top heavy as broncos are if you dont drive it like a racecar you'll be fine. plus if your afraid of heights. buy a car!
 
No Im not sayin ur gunna flip over drivin to fast.

Im sayn why lift it so high?Drive a stock bronco up to a 6" lifted jeep and look at

the difference. Theres not much of a difference. Thats all. Guess what guys?

I just bought a 91 bronco in perfect shape for 600 dollars!!!!! The guy thought it

wasnt worth much because its overdrive didnt work!!! :blink: LoL WEll i still luv my 89 :D

bronc tho. Because its my baby. I was gunna switch some parts but this bronco is

in better shape then my 89. Broncs forever
 
Beware of what motor mods you will inevitably do, too. Big tires need low gears needs powerful motor equals stessed/snapped axles. Just keep in mind all the angles... 8" is pretty big. Also as a daily driver big tires give not so good ride. BUT it's your ride. :D You should post pics when ur done, though!
 
I agree with 38's or 40's but i wouldn't go only bigger even if they fit unless you are going to do agear change and not going to drive it offroad a lot because the tires will wear out on the street.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top