High Gas Prices

  • Thread starter Thread starter Preacher
  • Start date Start date
P

Preacher

Guest
i just thought i would brag a little bit here. I have a 92 with a FI 351. been doing a few upgrades here and there: new spark plugs( autolite i think) a k&n air filter, new wires, new cap and rotor, better tires( the guy i bought the bronco from had car tires on it). and a few other minor things.
anyway, when i got the bronco this january it was getting about 13 mpg. now i am getting almost 21 mpg. still spending the same amount of money since every time i do something to get better miliage, the gas prices go up but i am visitting the gas station less often now. :)>-
 
damn you people, i get 13 in my 88 302... and thats on an extremely good day. Not to mention gas is $2.45 a gallon where i live. I blame OPEC for my problems, they are the root of all evil!!
 
prices are bad in ab, i pay $.85/l. i think that adds up somewhere round 3.40/g... canadian ofcourse. lucky for me, i have the aod tranny/ 3.54 gears
 
On my 94 302, I get about 11 or 12 the last time 2 times I have checked and i only drive n the city and rarely go on the highway
 
haha. i was like ice man getting 8 then i got a K&N and replaced my cats. now i get 12
 
I used to get 8 until i made a cold air intake and now i get 13. i just went on a major trip last week and was pulling 1800 lbs worth of kyaks on the highway and i was getting 10 on the road and about 7 in the mountainous parts.
 
I've been getting 13 on mine if I drive it like a 80 yr old lady, but when I hit on it it drinks down the gas lik I drink Milk, and in NY the gas prices for Premium is 2.24gal, I think I'm doing ok with whats under my hood.
 
It must be flat in your neck of the woods to get 21 mpg. Here in Washington you can't go anywhere without going up a hill or mountain. My F350 w/ a 460 gets 6-8mpg pulling the Bronco on a flat bed trailer, up the pass I get about 2mpg. Watch that guage go! :blink:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top