Hi

  • Thread starter Thread starter 83Bronco
  • Start date Start date
8

83Bronco

Guest
Hi, my names sarah, i just bought an 83' Bronco. It is currently very very crappy. Well at least the body is. Im from Michigan, there fore it is being eatin alive by rust. I can just say that i will need alot of help to fix it. Oh yea this is my first vehicle! If anyone knows anything about fixing rust holes please let me know! thanks.
~sarah
 
Howdy & Welcome!!! I posted a reply to your "rust repair" thread. If you have a picture or two of your Bronco and the "bad spots", it might help to determine the best ways to fix it up. Their value is increasing either as collector's items, or as for scrap metal in the case of my '88.
 
Here are the pics of my truck
 

Attachments

  • bronco_pics_002.jpg
    bronco_pics_002.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 16
Rust bucket??? NOT!!! That is a very good-looking '83 Bronco on the outside. It may have the normal rust around the edges of the doors and body seams, but is definitely a "fixxer-upper"!!! My neighbor's '85 was 5x's as bad and now looks great with a cheap paint job and some basic bodywork. His is what is called a "40-footer". Up close it has a few rough spots, but it looks normal at a glance or passing you on the highway at 70 mph!!! It also has a rebuilt 300 I-6.

This is my advice: get the motor and the other mechanicals working, like brakes, electrical, fuel system, etc. first, then you can worry about the appearance. I waited almost three years before I finally saved the money for a paint job and the body work. Lord knows how much time I spent just on the motor!!! My shaker project took about 5-6 months just getting the parts to fit. Take your time, and make it a dependable daily-driver first.
 
yea the body pannels are worce on my 94 then on that one.. Dang MI salt does it everytime ... I need to get a few pics of mine up ... maybe I can get one of it out on the trail where it cought on fire ... lol .. at least it was not a bad fire just some power steerig fluid on the exhust...
 
yea it looks good outside... but the floor on the inside is all rusted out. If you look in the 80 up tech section i posted pics. that is pretty serious to get fixed. also i do need to work on the engine though. just today it started to sputter when i hit 20mph. is this due to a bad air fuel mixture? how do i readjust the carburator to fix that?
~thanks for the replys
Sarah
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top