Help Spongy Brake Pedal!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1983B Ronco
  • Start date Start date
1

1983B Ronco

Guest
got a 1983 Bronco, and have a very spongy pedal. I have replace a busted brake line, caliper on the right and bout to change the left, also have changed both front brake hoses, and nothing has changed! I think I might replace the master cylinder next but wanted to know what yall thot first. Thanks
 
Are you sure that you have completely bleed ALL the aie out of the system :o ?Get a hand operated vacuum pump and suck a bunch thru each bleed tap. You will have to keep putting it back in the top. If you get a system with a bottle, you can keep cycling it into the reservor <_< .

Don't remember seeing you on the forum before, so if this your first post, WELCOME to the Zone
clap.gif



Good luck,

:)>-
 
Right, Bluesman17 could have a point about leaking even if it isn't the washer and bolt tightness. Check the lines real good, even a very small leak could let air into the system. With all the work you have done, I'm not surprised that you might have air in the system. The bubbles move up so it takes a lot of draining to get them out.

I don't know how long you have had a Bronco, but the stock breaaks aren't real impressive when it comes stopping power :mad: .

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top