Help! Dana 60 Steering Swap

  • Thread starter Thread starter commrad
  • Start date Start date
C

commrad

Guest
I have a Dana 60 front axle from a F-450 the I will be installing in my F-150 soon. does any one know if there are steering knuckles from another truck that will mate to this axle? I would like to use different brakes hubs ect... to allow me to run 15" wheels (the 8 lugs are gona require 16's :( )

A second question I have is...

I all so have another Dana 60 front axle I have thought of haveing retubed and use it as a rear axle, anyone know if this can be done (I'm not sure about the rotation here)?
 
You can get custom rotors drilled for 5 lug but $$$ there aren't any factory. All Danna 60 outters are the same unless it's a dually front, thn you can swap it to a SRW front. Your best bet will be to pull a F250/350 Sterlin under the rear to match the 8 lug front. You can also use the 8b lug Dana 60 rear. But since your building go with the beefer Sterling rearend from mid 80's til 98. Bolt in swap.

You can grind some on the front Danna 60 calipers to put the 8 lug 15" wheels on.
 
Go TO FABRITECH SOLID AXEL CONVERSIONS.com. You will find it all there
 
I agree, wait for some 16" or 16.5" 8 lugs so you have more strength to hold the wheel on. I've torn my 5 lug wheels off too many times.

DON'T use a front Dana60 and re-tube it so you can you in the rear. If you want to use it in the rear, use it the way it is and have rear steer. A front dana 60 is worth $1000-1500. A rear D60 can be found for $100-500, big difference. Then you can wheel like crazy and drive down the road sideways! :rolleyes:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top