hello

400M

New Member
Just wanted to say hello. I just got a 1979 F-150 4x4 short bed regular cab. the owner said it is a 400M motor.
the vin says it is a 351M. anyways i am going to start a long restore process. hope to do a little at a time.
i never owned a ford truck up till now. so i am going in to this as blind as a bat. Please be patient because i
am going to be asking a lot of questions AFTER i search them out.

Have a great day. :unsure:

1979-F-150.jpg
 
looks can be deceiving. i need to replace 75% of the bed floor pan. no one makes a shortbox floor assemblies. i only find long box floor pans. 0r 48 inch x 16 inch floor pieces. going to be a long hard road.

Thanks.
 
Looks like you picked a great truck to start with. I myself already have a 78 2wd I have had for 13 years and am looking to buy a 4wd so if ya know of another please let me know.
 
Hey partner. There is such a thing as a 400, and your 351M is one. The M stands for modified. Modified to what? A 400. Nice ride. I have a 78 F-150 Ranger XLT 4x4 Long bed. Mine started out as a rust bucket also, but I bought a clean 75 and swapped in the whole body.
 
Before I swapped out the body I put in floor pans from LMC, as I was tired of rust getting in my eyes driving down the highway. That'll piss you off! You have a beautiful truck man. Looks a lot like Bigfoot. Did you know that Bigfoot was a 79 Ford? Look it up, and you'll have a lot more to look forward to! How much lift is on this one? I'm gettin' a 9-inch suspension lift from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard this August, along with a 3-inch body, plus three more from the cut-outs when I add Bushwhacker flares. 15" I'll be runnin' 44" Swamper Boggers on 16" wagon wheels, so when I break somethin' I can keep those expensive tires and just put them on dana 60s on 16 inch 8-lug wagon wheels. Going to go with 5.12 gears. Pics of mine on my profile
 
Did you know that Bigfoot was a 79 Ford? Look it up, and you'll have a lot more to look forward to! How much lift is on this one? I'm gettin' a 9-inch suspension lift from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard this August, along with a 3-inch body.
rs 07 gold
2007 runescape gold
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top