HEI distributor for 400M

rockinmarine

New Member
b-( I have seen all over on the web, companies that are now selling HEI Distributors for 351M/400M engines. Proform is a new company out selling them for 200+. But every place I called has them on backorder. But I found a place called ProComp. And I ordered one from them for 100 bucks flat. And they are telling me this thing will drop right in and eliminate all the Duraspark junk. Has anyone used one of these HEI systems ? And where did you hook up your single switched power wire from ?
 
b-( I have seen all over on the web, companies that are now selling HEI Distributors for 351M/400M engines. Proform is a new company out selling them for 200+. But every place I called has them on backorder. But I found a place called ProComp. And I ordered one from them for 100 bucks flat. And they are telling me this thing will drop right in and eliminate all the Duraspark junk. Has anyone used one of these HEI systems ? And where did you hook up your single switched power wire from ?


$100.00 is a pretty good deal!! :D/

Yeah, it will drop right in. Make sure you have your motor on top dead center before removing old dizzy. Drop HEI dizzy in with the rotor pointing to the #1 cylinder.

HEI systems are Chevy dizzy converted to fit a Ford 400. They are about as good as you can get with out dropping big bucks on a MSD system.

Any wire that turns "hot" when the key is turned on will work so long as it is getting a FULL 12 volts of juice.

Hope that helps....lemme know what you think of it as I am looking to do the same thing......
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top