Heating/Cooling Question

Bear76

New Member
Looking for a easy fix, and some support. I just finished swapping in a different 300/4.9 into my '81 150. I replaced everything gasket wise, except the thermostat and housing gasket. I noticed that my temp. gauge now never rises above the hash mark to the left of the "N" in Normal. The heater, while it never blew "hot" air, now blows cooler air, but not as cold as the ambient temp. I guess what I am trying to find out is if this sounds like all I should need to do is install a new thermostat in the old girl or if there is another problem. Also, anyone got any solutions to improving on pumping out some more heat into the cab? I live in Central WI, and right now it getting to around the negative mark on the thermometer.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!


Okay, today we are getting a huge snow storm. On my way to work, the truck started missing real bad and sputtering. I think either the cap got wet or I somehow fouled out a plug. Any input on this?
 
Here is an update for all interested parties.
YOU CAN HOOK UP THE HEATER HOSES BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!
I have discovered that there is a right and wrong way to hook up the heater hoses. If you hook them up backwards, the coolant will not flow proper, if at all. (one line pushes, the other sucks/pulls) I found this out thru a friend of mine, and while doubtful, I figured what could it hurt right? 10 minutes of my time and I have heat. I still need to change the thermostat, because it does not get into the middle of the "NORMAL" yet.

I did find that my sputtering was caused by a float? rod on the outside of the carb (it is shaped like a tuning fork with a lever between the horshoe part) It was jammed to the stop, causing it to load up with fuel. Some TEF gel and a bit of working it back and forth cured it fine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top