Headers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter andydic
  • Start date Start date
A

andydic

Guest
I am looking at completely redoing my exhaust I already have duals on, but I ripped a big whole in my muffler and put a hole in one of the pipes during my last wheeling session. What are some descent headers to buy. I don't want to buy the best or something outrageously priced, but I don't want anything thats a piece of crap either. Anybody have any inputs as far a prices, etc..
 
Check out Summit Racing Equipment for the best prices. They are one of the few brands of shorty headers, going for about $100. Some folks love'em while others do not. Headman or Flowmaster have some headers for Broncos around $150. You will get better performance out of long tube headers, but the selection is limited for Broncos. I do not believe you can get a good set of headers like Edelbrock or BBk that will not leak for under $500.
 
One of my friends installed some longer headers. He said the problem with those is that they're harder to fit. I should've gotten some before I had my exhaust done. Dual exhaust with glasspacks. Took about 1 hour for them to install. It's nice for $170, but it melted my mudflaps since they exit right behind the mudflaps. I'm gonna see about cutting the ends off and putting some tips on. Then, I wanna look for some naked lady mudflaps. :D
 
I found some hooker compettion headers on Jegs.com. Anyone heard anything good about them?
 
No, I have not heard anyone praise the Hooker Comp headers. You get what you pay for, so if those are around $150-$160, they are prolly fairly cheap. Cheap headers tend to leak both at the front mounting plate and the collector sides, as well as blowing out a hole in the bends. High quality gaskets can help reduce the leak potential. And like stated, be 100% sure the ones you want will fit. It can be a real headache to get a set to clear the firewall, frame, starter, etc. and they may still be a tight fit. If I was to put headers on my Bronco, I thought about Hedman brand. I've had good luck in the past with that brand, but still had a leaky gasket now and then.
 
I haven't heard anything good about headman, but then again everybody I have talked to has a different opinion about everything.
 
You may have noticed that I do not have headers on my Bronco. In fact the mechanic thaqt I take my Chevy to all of the time said that if I ever put headers on a truck, not to bring it to him for any repairs!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top