Headers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bamafan
  • Start date Start date
B

Bamafan

Guest
I am replacing the headers on my 74 Bronco. I currently have Hooker headers I believe. I am trying to decide between Duffs ceramic coated and Ultra flows from Jeff's bronco graveyard. Any suggestions or recommendations?? I have a 302 with 351W heads, any problems with install of either? Thanks in advance.
 
I have a 77 and installed Duff ceramic headers last year. installation was so easy i was able to do it by myself. I would strongly recommend a ceramic coating as they run cooler and look great!
 
I have the ultra flow from Jeffs.They are warrantied for life.They do discolor tho.If you want good looks then ceramic would be the way to go.
 
QUOTE (Bamafan @ Jun 1 2004, 02:20 PM) I am replacing the headers on my 74 Bronco. I currently have Hooker headers I believe. I am trying to decide between Duffs ceramic coated and Ultra flows from Jeff's bronco graveyard. Any suggestions or recommendations?? I have a 302 with 351W heads, any problems with install of either? Thanks in advance.
Get your new headers from JetHot. They ceramic coat heads. Have them coat a set of Hedman headers,"Hedman uses a heavy flange [that bolts to your cylinder head] it will not warp." Buy the headers from JetHot,"it will save you shipping." JetHot has the best coating.
 
classicbronco.com is having a mass buy right now on the Jet Hot long tube headmans....
 
I sure am glad I found this site! Thanks to the people who helped me order these headers. I saved almost $50.00 by going in on the mass buy! Thanks again!! Jeff ('71 Bronco Sport Rust Bucket )
 
I put in the L & L Ultras from the bronco graveyard. They have a 1/2" flange which means they will never warp. Flanges are usually a header weak spot

Harley
 
:D I just installed dynomax headers on my 67 and it was fairly easy also. Wow can you feel the difference in the seat monitor.
 
I recently purchased Heddman Elite series headers from Summit which have a great warranty and are much cheaper than the headers available from the Bronco sites even though they are ceramic or something coated and have a 3/8 in. flange.
Check them out at summit.com
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top