Hardtop Paint

  • Thread starter Thread starter fordguy782001
  • Start date Start date
F

fordguy782001

Guest
the paint on my hardtop is coming off. does anyone know what kind of paint to use on it?
 
Mine is the same way. I am going to try a "fiberglass bathtub" refinishing kit I bought at Home Depot. Kit basically recoats with a layer of fiber glass resin. I used the same stuff on my bath tub when I remodeled the bathroom. I figure it will work my shell since they are both fiberglass. Kits only come in white and almond. Since my shell is white, it should work. It will be a gloss finsh instead of a flat finsh. But I figure the gloss finsh will help shed dirt better.
 
I thought about using a brush on bedliner on my top would it work?
 
B) I've used marine pain (for fiberglass) with alot of success. Mostly Petit and Interlux. The Interlux goes extemely easy and can easily be made flat by adding the Interlux thinner. Hope this helps.
 
Will regular acrylic automotive paint work because I don't have much money to spent and want it to match my Bronco's body?
 
:mellow: I would ask your paint manufacturer. (Corvette's are fiberglass also).
clap.gif
 
I asked someone and they said that you have to put an additive in the paint to make it flexible.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top