Whenever I turn real sharp towards one wheel there is a horrible grinding....but only when I'm turning. I don't think it's the CV joint b/c I don't here a click...I was thinking it could be a wheel bearing????
could be a wheel bearing, does it do it no matter which way you turn? also no c.v joints on the front end only u-joints.. tell us what some more info on your bronco that will help out alot also
I would think a wheel bearing would grind, squeel, bark or whatever more than just when the wheel is turned. Does it wo it with the truck sitting still? (think power steering) or only when the rig is moving?
It only happens when I turn sharply left (like into a parking spot) turning the other way doesn't grind like that. I don't think it's my front U-joints b/c I don't hear anything when the truck is moving forward. Thanks for all the help though...I'll let ya'll know what it is
1990 351W Auto tranny 4x4 of course!!! I now hear a light clunk putting it into gear and figure it must be the front U joints but I dont' think that is the grind when I'm turning unless it's the wheels on the well but 31x10.5 shouldn't on my truck???
Well, 31" BFG allterrains dont rub on my 89. Does the clunk happen in 2wd or just when in 4wd? IT its 2wd, it's probably the rear driveshaft u joints. As for the grinding, I'm sort of stumped <_<
Yeah let us know what it is if you find out. The fact that it only happens when turning hard in one direction confuses me. Maybe have someone drive the truck slowly with the wheel turned all the way while you stand, or walk next to it and listen where the noise is coming from
sounds like the brake backing plate/dust cover is to close to the rotor may have rusted or got bent i had that happen before.only did it in a hard turn
I had the rotors replaced a short while ago. It only seems to be when I turn real sharp into a parking spot or pulling a U turn. I guess it could be rubbing but I wouldn't know on what b/c my tires don't on the other side. But as soon as I figure it out I'll let ya'll know
This might sound real stupid but check your hubs. To me it sounds like the left hub is locked and the right is free. Like I said it may sound real stupid but if you or your neighbor's have kids that like to get into things anything is possible.