Grill Removal And Painting

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
This works with at least 87-91. Removal should be similar on others.

Remove the plastic screws. Then push down the tabs on the bottom of the grill.

Use a metric 10mm wrench and remove the nuts on the emblem.

Lightly sand the grill with some medium grit sandpaper. Lightly paint it with a few coats of paint until it's thick enough.

179578_90_full.jpg

179578_91_full.jpg

179578_93_full.jpg

179578_94_full.jpg

179578_95_full.jpg
 
Another thing I have done and works quite well is to use a 3-m grey scratch pad and a product called final sand. Some of the old timers used Comet toilet bowl cleaner. This process makes it so you can get into every nook and cranny, Don't take any short cuts in the prep department when you paint your grill and the finish should last a long time.
If anyone has any other paint/bodywork questions just e-mail me and I will help as much as I can!

[email protected]
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top