Gotta Love It....

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigNasty
  • Start date Start date
B

BigNasty

Guest
Gotta really love your truck to climb under it two weeks in a row just to tighten the worst possibly located bolt on the whole truck... the upper starter bolt.. buried in a maze of headers and only enough room for a stubby 1/4" ratchet.... and it's raining this time....


Rant off.... :D going under the truck to sob silently now....
 
I just realized the bright side of this...
With 7" of lift and 35s... I don't need to jack it up to get under it :)
 
:blink:
The day after I read the first post about the starter bolts mine came loose. There are gremlins on this site.......... :o
 
well.. it was a little more intense than just the one bolt that has worked loose in the past...used the red loc-tite on it and it was tight, both coming out and going back in :)
The bolt was tight, so I pulled the starter and got a replacement (warranty :) ) due to it not having the power to properly engage and spin the engine like it should.

It had enough power to almost engage the flywheel and gnash pretty loudly. Good thing is that with it not qite engaging, there was no damage to the flywheels teeth, just the tip of the starters gear chewed up.

So.. after taking 5 minutes to pull it out.. and 2 hours fighting it to go back in and bolt up..... fun times... I came up with curse words noone else had ever heard, so I'm not sure if they are real or just the part of my brain that went fetal just babbling incoherently... it started like a champ on the first try.. I think the excitement made me pee a little too, not positive, could be an age thing or the pain of the oil that dripped in my eye :D
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top