Got Me A Bronco - The Fun Begins!

brian_n_texas

New Member
Brian Holman here, howdy ya'll. Just got a 1982 Bronco, 351w, C6, box-stock everything except for a custom rear bumper.
I'm looking to post my progress as I work to get this baby running, has been sitting for 3+ yrs. Rebuilding the carb this week, gonna try to start 'er up this weekend 7/17/04.

Although I have done a lot of research, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me!! Check my gallery for pics.
 
MAN, YOU SOUND HAPPY ABOUT GETTING THE BRONCO!!!! POST PICTURES AS YOU GO... GOOD LUCK & WELCOME TO THE ZONE!!!! :)>-
 
Welcome to BZ!!! Where'bouts in Texas??? Good luck with the resto, I often refer to my Haynes and Chilton repair manuals for guidance, and everyone here is willing to help!!!
 
Welcome to the zone. You'll have plenty of fun restoring your bronco.
 
brian_n_texas said:
Brian Holman here, howdy ya'll. Just got a 1982 Bronco, 351w, C6, box-stock everything except for a custom rear bumper.
I'm looking to post my progress as I work to get this baby running, has been sitting for 3+ yrs. Rebuilding the carb this week, gonna try to start 'er up this weekend 7/17/04.

Although I have done a lot of research, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me!! Check my gallery for pics.
haha newB hahahaha newB
 
BrainFart said:
brian_n_texas said:
Brian Holman here, howdy ya'll. Just got a 1982 Bronco, 351w, C6, box-stock everything except for a custom rear bumper.
I'm looking to post my progress as I work to get this baby running, has been sitting for 3+ yrs. Rebuilding the carb this week, gonna try to start 'er up this weekend 7/17/04.

Although I have done a lot of research, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me!! Check my gallery for pics.
haha newB hahahaha newB
unregistered users rule!
 
Changed the oil, pulled the gas tank off and ran a clean line into a gas can, installed the rebuilt carb and got it running on Jul 18! But I still got work to do.....See carb picture in my gallery.
I have a problem posted in the tech support forum, but I wanted to update my progress here, too.
Total cost up to now: $605.54
 
Sounds like you're not too far from Selma??? A little gas will knock those wasps out PDQ. Glad to hear the motor runs, just blow out the cobwebs and you're good to go!!! Good Luck with the resto, Randy
 
Yo, Randy...when I look up Selma on Yahoo! Maps, I'm getting a town close to San Antonio. I'm up north of Dallas, 'bout 35 mi.
I've been down on the coast a few times, took a 4wd truck down Padre Island.

Man, you are all over this site - I can't even find time to get on here and do much in the way of postings, I'm doing good to track my resto progress in my gallery! I have been reading all over, lots of good info in the support section.

Oh yeah, every wasp I have encountered so far has bit the dust when I shoot a little carb cleaner on 'em.
 
Welcoe to the zone
clap.gif
, lotsa good ideas and advice here <):)

Good luck on your project, you'll have some :(( and sometimes it may make you :-& but when you get done you will be
clap.gif
with your project.


:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top