Got A Vibration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian
  • Start date Start date
B

Brian

Guest
Help, I got a vibration. I just bought a new drive shaft from Jeff's, but it didn't help. It happens under a light load,I can get over it by giving it gas or less gas. The Bronco has a 130000 on it and runs good.Hate the thought of a new tranny.But I don't think it's the rear end. The tranny guys around don't fix um they rebuild um. Thanks Brian
 
Gee Brian, I don't think it is in your transmission. I would suspect something in the rear end area. Perhaps a bearing starting to wear, the more gas less gas comment indicates you are putting a litttle extra pressure on something and that causes it to quiet down.

I don't remember the post exactly, but there was one on vibration the was caused by a wheel bearing. It had gone long enough to start cutting thru the axle.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Hey Fred, I was thinking if it was the rear it wouldn't get better under a load,or giving it more gas. Maybe I'll jack it up and check for noise.Thanks Brian
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top