Good Trail In So Cal

Ziggy

New Member
I've been going to the Panamint Mtns. for years now. The trails range from mild to wild depending on your skill. The area is full of old gold mines to explore and you can even visit the house that Charlie Manson was captured in. Highest peak will put you at 7000'+ and you get a nice view of Death Valley. I don't recommend going in the summer as temps will climb past 100 degrees. I go in the fall and spring time, nice temps, plenty of sun and you may run into snow at times. There is water in various places that you can drink, but beer is better. There are some old miners cabins that you can stay in if weather turns nasty.
 
Sounds like it is lots of fun. :(( I wish we had a place like that around my area (east Ga.) I know a few people that would drive almost anyware for good mud.
 
Hey ziggy have you ever been to Los Coyotes Indian Reservation because it sounds almost just like the same place. And how far away are the Panamint Mtns. from San Diego?
 
If you want mud, look for those lake beds that get drained down to get ready for winter rain. Thats some rear fun muddin in the summer!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top