Good Deal

  • Thread starter Thread starter papertiger_98
  • Start date Start date
P

papertiger_98

Guest
i was curious if a 1970 ford bronco with a 302 that has been rebuilt along with mostly new or rebuilt parts . the car is in az so no rust or anything like that.
it really only needs a paint job. has positraction front and back the second shifter (for posi) is setup with an automatic shifter (in other word push the button on the side change gear). i was curious if 4000.00 was a good deal for this i am looking at getting it.
 
Sounds like a good deal to me if it is actually in great condition.
 
Here in Texas, it is hard to find an EB in good condition for under $5000, so that sounds reasonable. I would closely inspect everything front to back, top to bottom. Ask the seller if he has receipts for all repairs, and if he used OEM parts. The value will be less if aftermarket parts were used.

I will post in your other thread for others to reply to this one instead, JSM84
 
Its an OK deal, just remember after you buy it, you will get the "Bronco Maddness" and want to change and upgrade most everything anyhow. Its just a hunch though...
 
I'm also in the market for a classic Bronco and have found tons on Collector Car Trader Online. I'm looking at a 69 in Arizona and they're asking $10,500. The body appears straight, little or no rust, rebuilt 302 and auto trans. From the others that I've looked at, this seems fairly consistent as far as price goes. Is there anything I should be wary of? Any advice?
Thanks, Chris
 
Chris, again I would look for any parts that have been replaced or repaired. The $10.5K price tag may be worth it if it is a "concourse" vehicle, that is, all original or stock in excellent condition. Those are rare, and it sounds like this one is not that type with a rebuilt motor. The other case would be a highly-modified rig, like Dana's (admin's). It may be more in the $5-6K range. Keep in mind, that everybody and their brother wants an early bronco (EB), they are classics, and are fine trail rigs even in stock form. I have my eye on a 71EB here in town that's been for sale for 4 months. It's worth $2K at most with some rust, but the dude wants $3500. Keep looking!!!
 
it has the reciepts to it almost the whole bronc was redone with oem parts not rust , not body damage, no real mods
 
Thanks for the advice,

This is by no means a concourse rig. lift, cut fenders, lots of aftermarket. This is definitely a modified truck, which is just fine with me, I kind of like that look. My main concern knowing what is an reasonable price to pay for a nice rig with a the difficult refurbishing work done. (i.e. rust removal, engine/trans overhaul)
I don't have any body experience at all and really want a rust free body. At least a body that is not eaten through. I'd like the drive train to be in good shape because this is going to be a daily driver. I can do a lot of that kind of work but I'm anxious to get to the fun part....DRIVING IT.
Having never owned or seen many early Broncos up close, I want to make sure I was aware of the pitfalls (if any) and that I'm not getting rail roaded. I live in Missouri and most if not all of the Bronco's that lived around here are rusted to nothing so I don't have a lot to use for reference.

Thanks again,
Chris
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top