Going Topless Tomorrow!

Ktomek06

Moderator
Spring Break is here, Im takin off the top in the morning and heading on out to the beach for a little while. Im going to take a few pics, and it is going to be the first time that I have ever taken off the top. I can't wait, dunno if I am going to be able to sleep tonight.

BTW, Ill post the beach pics and top off pics tomorrow! :D
 
It's gonna rain again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next!!! Just ribbin' ya, it started raining Friday and still was coming down until sundown this evening. If you and your dad are headed to Matagorda Beach, swing by past the nuclear plant, or give me a buzz!!!
 
it least it is rain not snow like I have up here in the UP of MI .. HF
 
Its snowing here and we are expecting 7 to 14in's Soooo my top stays on :rolleyes:
 
Well we are in the middle of a "NorEaster" here in Clifton Park and getting 6" to 12" :(
I might just be crazy enough to take the roof off of mine :o) LOL
 
What did I tell ya, Kyle? It rained yesterday, even hailed East of Houston!!! Nice and sunny today, close to 80 degress!!! Happy St. Pat's Day!!! :-&
 
Ktomek06,

THose pics over at FTW look cool, with the top off of the Bronco!!! Thanks for the link to www.matagordabay.com that shows a "nut" crossing 3-Mile Cut. The local beach is 22 miles long, with the first three miles being rather flat and clean, like in your pics. Before Hurricane Claudette re-opened the cut, you could drive from one end of the beach to the other. After the first 5-6 miles, you start hitting some berms and large shell pads along with deep, soft sand. At times, when you're driving right along the low-tide waterline, the pads and beach are 8-10 feet above you. Plus, you have big trees and buried logs to watch out for. It can be really fun to try to find the best line to avoid all of the hazzards and not get stuck. You're on your own if you do, cause very few folks venture that far. That's the best fishing spots, too. Now that the 3-mile cut is there, no one wants to cross it. It's about 100 yards across and only 6-8 inches deep, but there is a 4 foot deep trench when you first enter the cut. I've seen a Jeep go in and the water was over the hood. Also seen a few trucks stuck in there that had no business trying it. That video on the website shows the truck disappear as it enters the deepest part. What an adventurer!!!

video
 
Yeah..nothin like that SE texas weather. Too bad that cut got filled in...went there looking for it and heard the bad news. Now you can drive all 22 miles, I drove 9 miles thinking I was going to find the cut!

:lol:
 
Filled in you say??? I haven't been down there since December. But if you drove 9 miles down the beach, then I know it's passable now. More room to play!!!
 
My 89 had the top taken off for about 6 months love it! Little cold in the mornings but thats what the heat for I guess.cleaning out the snow here in Mass is a pain too but worth it when cruising around town!
JFR-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top