Getting Really P*ssed Off Here

Sorny

New Member
OK, I'm a big fan of ford but in the last 2 weeks I have been having nothing but trouble with my truck and it just came out of nowhere. To start things off my drivers side window motor goes on me, them my ebrake gets stuck on and screws up my rear brakes, and now I got to start it this moring and the starter won't trun over. It has lots of power in that battery but it just won't trun over. I tell yeah Im going to give this bronco one more chance them im going to sell and get a GM.
 
ouch a GM? i mean you have to take into account how old it is. i mean if it is an 80 model you cant really get to upset. but no matter what i wouldnt go for a GM. i am a dodge person myself.
 
Well I did some looking around, and it looks like the cable that goes to the starter is grounding out on the frame. So there must be a brake in the wire somewhere.
 
Yeah, check the fuse for the power windows, adjust and lube the e-brake cable, and clean the starter cable and you're good to go. Remember that the older trucks need more attention for the little things like this, but it's ALOT cheaper than a $40K new truck that you can have probelms with, too!!! I look at these minor repairs as a monthly truck payment. I would much rather spend $100/month on maintenance and such than $600/month+insurance on a new rig. You have to love the old Broncos like a wife or girlfriend...
 
Well I had my mechanic look at it and the power window motor is done, and as for the ebrake cables they are so rusted i had to order new ones. But with the starter i managed to find the problem, it is the power cable that goes tot the starter it is grounding out on the frame.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top