Get A Locker Or Not.

cjbronco

New Member
It has come time for the rear to be rebuilt. I have a 4in lift and 33in tires. The truck will be a daily driver with some trails. Im not sure if yet if there will be a plow on it yet but reguardless,should i get a locker on it? Im putting on 3.70 gears but it will NOT be towing anything. :P
 
I have'nt had any trouble from my factory limited slip, and they are alot cheaper to buy, fix, and/or replace.
 
If you are regearing go with 4:10 gears with the 33's so you have some power but not to high of RPM's for the freeway.
If its a daily driver you will not want a locker unless its cable or air activated.
Otherwise it will be locking in and out, churping around corners and wearing out your tires and possibly break an axle. Towing is hard on a locker but if you push snow with a plow you might want one. Its a tough call because on snow the rear will want to come around on you. I'd get something thats selectable like the OX cable activated locker.
 
It will help in the mud and offroad..but it all depends on how much wheeling you do vs. road, I say go for it
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top