Gears?

bubbabauer89

New Member
Hey, me again. If I plan on an 8in susp. lift and 38/39in tires what kind of gears will I need to put in. I plan to drive the bronco alot on the street so I want to be able to cruise but I also want to be able to spin the tires in the mud. Any advice would be thanked.
 
If you want to still be able to drive it on-road without eating alot of gas and overheating it I would suggest using a 4.11 gear or at the most a 4.56.
 
4.56 to 5.13. like they stated. But get your pocket book ready to burn $$$! The 1/2 ton drivetrain will snap like tooth picks if ya don't watch the throttle. Even if you don't wheel much just run huge tires the 1 ton drivetrain upgrade will save some $$ in broken parts. 35" tires is really max on 1/2ton stuff IMO
 
If you need a formula for calculating gear ratio, let me know. For my Bronco with 35" tires, I should be running 4.56:1 gears. They're coming when I get the money and the time. For 38-40" tires, you need a 4.88 or 5.13 ratio. The 4.88 will be adequate, but if you want enough power to get you out of trouble or spin the tires, go with the max size 5.13 B)
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top