Gauges

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluebronco
  • Start date Start date
B

bluebronco

Guest
I just recently bought a 87 Bronco 300 6cyl. The gas and oil pressure gauges dont work. I was told this is a common problem. What do I need to do to fix it. Any suggestions would help.
 
The gas gauge not working is often due to a bad sending unit in the gas tank. The oil pressure gauge works off of a sending unit on the motor. Both could be a separate problem, or perhaps a bad ground. First thing, check the fuses.
 
The voltmeter and temp gauge will probably go next. All four of mine died slowly, one after the other. My problem was the gauges themself, I took the cluster apart, and have all the proper readings where the individual units plug in. A friend has a '89 F150...same thing, brother has a '91 F250 fuel, oil, and temp are dead. So I would say this could be a common problem.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top