Gas Tank Wireing

BADBLOODRUSH

New Member
There is a yellow wire which is plugged into the gas tank, and then there is an orange wire and pinkish color wire with black strip that is not plugged in. There is also a solid black wire that is not plugged in. There is an yellow wire coming from the front of the truck to the gas tank. Everytime I hook the solid black wire up the gas gauge rises to above the full line(even though the truck has about a quarter of a tank) My goal is to get the gas gauge to work. Do you know what the other wires I have listed are, and if they are hot or not. Thanks!
 
BadBlood,

Well, hope this helps a little... not sure what every wire you've listed is for, but I know the black wire is a ground, and when you're hooking that wire up as it is right now, you've basically verified the fuel gauge itself works. It sounds like one of the other wires is pinched somewhere (or not making contact at all) causing the whole circuit to ground out (and getting the peaked out reading you're seeing). I would take a peek at the wires at the fuel gauge and chase them to find out which one is pinched or broken. My black wire got ripped out and killed the whole circuit until I found the tear.

Hope that helps.
DesertB
 
OK just looked them up, the orange wire and Pink with black are for the fuel pump, the black is ground as previously stated and the yellow with white is the wire tp the gage. The orange is the pump ground and connects to the black sender ground. the pink with black is the hot to the pump.

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top