Gas Tank Strap

brentusbrutus

New Member
:-" Hello folks..I'd like to thank Seabronc for his advice. I bought got myself a whole new sending unit. I feel better about not killin'n myself by way of blowin up..

Next question:

When I took my tank off last summer, I found it was attatched with old seatbelts. What do you think I should re-attatch the tank with? My initial idea was to use those bendable plumbing metal strapping, with kind of a rubber insulater. What is the norm for this job, and what ideas would you guys have to offer for re-attatching my tank..
 
I would suggest getting a lmc truck mag. and order the correct straps from them. You can get the mag. from their web site www.lmctruck.com .
 
Normally the tank is held in place with two straps over the top and a skidguard underneath. I think both are available from AMC Truck. However, 2 straps above and below will work. Definately put some sort of insulation between the tank and strap such as weather stripping. The OEM parts have insulation where they contct the tank. Just don't use anything that will hold water or it will rust the tank. I think plumbing strapping is a little weak for this job and may result in it falling off. If you do use it, check it often.

:)>-
 
You may be able to find them in your local junkyard or JC Whitney.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top