Gas Mileage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gator
  • Start date Start date
Bronco+Driving=Poor Gas Millage
dude, you drive a bronco, don't expect great millage, why do think the tank is so big
 
yea, Shaun is right. Do a complete tune up and dont expect miracles. That engine is not exactly a gas miser, nor is the Bronco very aerodynamic.
 
you guys dont know what the hell your talking about i get great gas mileage.






Iam pushing a good 8-10 miles per gallon :D
 
A few other comments on MPG.

First of all, everyone else is right...the words "fuel economy" are not in the Bronco dictionary.
However, to maximize your truck's MPG do as the other posts mentioned - full tune up. In addition, check to make sure your tires are in good shape and are properly inflated. Finally, make sure you go easy on the throttle when accellerating from a stop light: lightening up on the pedal may take you two or three extra seconds to clear an intersection, but if you are not in a hurry at the time then why not? Plus, it can easily give you an extra one or two MPG, especially if you live in an area with a lot of stop signs/lights.
For reference, I have a low-milage, pretty much stock '95 w/ a 351 and I keep her happy with regular maintnance, and the best I have gotten on a long, flat stretch of Interstate in Louisiana was a hair over 15 mpg. And I think I had a tailwind most of the way! The fact is, in normal everyday driving I get about 12 to 13 MPG. I am going to add a high-flow intake and exhaust when I got home and that may help a bit, but I am not expecting miracles. I knew what I was getting into when I decided to buy a Bronco (just about everyone in my family has owned one at some point).
 
TreR1969:
12 to 15 MPG is great for a Bronco.

I have a 90 with a new factory rebuilt 351W in mine and all I can get is around 9 MPG Although I was able to pull out 9.9 MPG at my last fill up.

Gator I feel your pain, I just spent $59.00 last time I filled my pig up.
 
I was pulling about 10 mpg in mine before I found the fuel pressure reg was bad now it seeems like I am getting a lot better milage even just doing city driving ..
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top