Gas in Oil

Need help with fixing gas in oil problem...

  • 73-79 Ford Truck

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 73-79 Ford Truck Technical Support

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

78 F100 Custom

New Member
Gas in the oil. I have put a remanufactured Champion / Carter model #6-862 carb on, and changed out the fuel pump. Pump tests out good. Truck won't start. Have also checked spark with a plug out side the engine and there is a blue spark, so coil is good. Also changed out Stator, with magnetic pickup, rotor and cap. I have done 4 oil changes in the past 3 days. Frustrated ond can't figure out why the truck won't start. Any other suggestions...
 
TNCEMT said:
how many miles does the engine have on it? do you think the rings may be shot?
[snapback]16597[/snapback]​
Could be. But replacing the Remanufactured Carb with another one, the gas problem seems to have resolved itself. Can't start the thing now. I have now replaced all the fuel components, and most of the ignition components. Today I am going to check the distributor. See if the dowel is sheared, ( which I read is a common occurance with the Ford 4.9L engine...) and to see if the shaft is broken.

I was given this truck in the middle of June, 2005, and has approx. 130,000 miles on it, to answer the other question.
 
when i had it happen to me, the fuel pump was dumping most of the fuel into the crank, and a lil was making it up to the carb.....
 
mudunit77f250 said:
when i had it happen to me, the fuel pump was dumping most of the fuel into the crank, and a lil was making it up to the carb.....
[snapback]16714[/snapback]​


Was the fuel pump leaking, but had also replaced the carb. Stopped the gas/oil problem. The starting problem, after all the ignition components being replaced, was the wiring harness. Of course, my wife, on day 2 of not start project, had suggested the wiring. I haven't heard the last of it yet. Any way, got an underhood wiring harness, replaced the section that goes to the coil, stator, oil pressure gauge, and temp gauge. Truck started right up. Wife still giving me a hard time for not listening. Oh well, must listen to her a little more, turn down the filter a bit.

Hope this helps somebody, and saves them an ear full!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top