Gas Guage Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomas 714
  • Start date Start date
T

Thomas 714

Guest
:( The gas guage does not work on my 79 bronco. I have power to the wires at the sending unit wire end. ( It's a pulsating power. ) Should the power be pulsating? I am tring to get some info on this before I pull the gas tank. The person that had the bronco before me welded a reese hitch in back. And I will need to cut it off the frame to get to the tank. Please help
 
i'll be willing to bet your trouble doesn't fail in the wires since ya got power. the circent board on the back of these old beeats gets brittle and crack. try hittin a few wrecking yards for a good gauge cluster it'll probably fix ya right up!
 
:rolleyes: Fell I found out why my gas guage did not work. The float was bad on the sending unit. I was going to replace the guage cluster. But I had power to the gas guage. So I pulled the gas tank and there it was, the float.
Thanks to everyone who wanted to help me out.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top