Hello all!-
I'm new to the forum. I was looking for some Ford drag link info on Jeff's Bronco Graveyard when it directed me to you. Hope you can help.
I just bought a 1973 F-100 4x4 with the 390, 4 sp. manual tranny and manual steering in it. I've been having my mechanic friend do the once over on it, cleaning up any wiring problems, previous owner's mishaps, etc. When he checked out the steering underneath, he noticed that the drag link was worn out and we went looking to purchase another one to replace it. We found out (through trial & error) that Ford had 2 different drag links for the F-100's (that we know of). The one for mine apparently was one that Ford made for only the years '73-'75.
No one in my area can get their hands on one. Either they don't make it for sale or don't know who does. We finally found one through LMC Truck for around $300! It seems ridiculous that no one else makes it for sale. We checked Schuck's, NAPA and a few other outlets, but, no luck.
So now, I'm asking you Ford fanatics for help. Do you know of anywhere that might sell something like this? It's for a Dana axle, number 603394 (I assume it's a Dana 60?). If you have an LMC Truck catalog to look through, it's part number 45-2070. I'm not a mechanically knowledgable person when it comes to working on trucks (a disability prevents that), so, my techno-speak isn't the greatest. For that, I apologize.
Mind you, I'm not against paying a decent sum for this part. I just want to know who might have it? Thanks in advance for any help. Feel free to leave a reply here or through my e-mail address. Thanks!
I'm new to the forum. I was looking for some Ford drag link info on Jeff's Bronco Graveyard when it directed me to you. Hope you can help.
I just bought a 1973 F-100 4x4 with the 390, 4 sp. manual tranny and manual steering in it. I've been having my mechanic friend do the once over on it, cleaning up any wiring problems, previous owner's mishaps, etc. When he checked out the steering underneath, he noticed that the drag link was worn out and we went looking to purchase another one to replace it. We found out (through trial & error) that Ford had 2 different drag links for the F-100's (that we know of). The one for mine apparently was one that Ford made for only the years '73-'75.
No one in my area can get their hands on one. Either they don't make it for sale or don't know who does. We finally found one through LMC Truck for around $300! It seems ridiculous that no one else makes it for sale. We checked Schuck's, NAPA and a few other outlets, but, no luck.
So now, I'm asking you Ford fanatics for help. Do you know of anywhere that might sell something like this? It's for a Dana axle, number 603394 (I assume it's a Dana 60?). If you have an LMC Truck catalog to look through, it's part number 45-2070. I'm not a mechanically knowledgable person when it comes to working on trucks (a disability prevents that), so, my techno-speak isn't the greatest. For that, I apologize.
Mind you, I'm not against paying a decent sum for this part. I just want to know who might have it? Thanks in advance for any help. Feel free to leave a reply here or through my e-mail address. Thanks!