fuel tanks

tigress

New Member
I have a '96 Ford F-250 4x4 with a 5.8L engine and I want to know if there is any other reason that the front fuel pump won't work other than the pump being bad. It runs off the back tank fine. But when you switch to the front tank it won't run.
 
I have a '96 Ford F-250 4x4 with a 5.8L engine and I want to know if there is any other reason that the front fuel pump won't work other than the pump being bad. It runs off the back tank fine. But when you switch to the front tank it won't run.

check the wires from the switch maybe the one for the front is disconnected there should also be pumps inside both of the tanks along with one inside the frame rail but i would check your wiring first then go from there
 
check the hoses coming from the fuel tank to see if there is a leak if not check the wires on the sending unit. I had to do the something with my 1991 f150 xl when I bought truck end up having to replace the tanks not fun. make sure you support the tanks if you have to drop them. two people job don't do alone and make sure to off load the gas because the tanks are difficult to move around under the truck.
 
Just because it's running doesn't mean it's pumping the right pressure. Check the Chilton and test it. They have diaphragms in them that go bad. Also the filters and could be crap in the tank causing havik. How many folks in the old days would put a work shop towel in the filler hole. (excuse the spelling)

GL
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top