Fuel pump problems

jaminflanagan

New Member
I have an 89 f350 four wheel drive that eats fuel pumps. This truck sat for twenty years, I replaced the tanks and selector valve and cleaned the fuel lines and replaced the injectors. I have gone through the truck and relaxed and cleaned every ground on it but it eats fuel pumps like candy. I can get between 4 and 5tanks per pump, front and rear tanks. The parts store has warrantied them so far but don't know if they will continue to. Anyone else ever have this problem? I've talked to a lot of people and apparently I'm the only one in the world this is happening to!
 
These trucks have a return style fuel system. It sounds like the return is clogged and over heating the fuel pumps. disconnect all the return lines and use compressed air to blow the lines.

the other question is, are the pumps getting clogged from picking up stuff in the tank?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top